A laptop without internet access is useless, and it becomes frustrating when you start your laptop for routine work and face an Acer laptop internet problem that affects your productivity.
However, it’s a common problem that can be fixed by restarting your laptop or updating your network drivers. If not, then troubleshooting your network settings is another way to get your WiFi signals back to normal.
Normally, you experience this problem because your drivers are outdated or corrupted, or there’s interference from your Internet Service Provider. Here in this blog post, I have explained effective ways to solve your Acer laptop internet problem. Let’s get started!
How Do I Fix My Acer Laptop Not Connecting To My Wifi?
If your Acer laptop is giving you a hard time, then it’s not a big deal. I’m here to assist you with every possible guideline you need to configure it by yourself.
- Before we dive deep into fixing your Acer laptop internet problem, here’s what you need to check first:
- Verify if your Wi-Fi signals are providing a stable and reliable connection. Sometimes, a poor signal can lead to a disconnectivity problem.
- Make sure that you haven’t turned on airplane mode on your laptop. As we all know, if it’s on, then you can’t access any network connection.
- Confirm if the internet connection you’re using runs smoothly on other devices. If yes, then the issue is within your laptop.
- Last but not least, ensure you are entering the correct WiFi password, sometimes an incorrect password leads to connection failure.
5 Ways To Fix My Acer Laptop Internet Problem In 2024:
1. Turn On Your WLAN Feature In Your Laptop:
If you have a modern Acer laptop model, you may already know that they come up with a WiFi switch. This switch allows users to turn on and off Wi-Fi according to their convenience. However, if there’s no switch on your laptop, try turning on the WiFi feature in settings. Here’s how you can do it:
- Go to your Windows settings
- Click on WiFi, and toggle the button to on
- Restart your laptop, and see if the problem is solved
2. Make Sure The WLAN Autoconfig service is running:
WLAN Autoconfig Service is a wireless configuration setting available in the Windows operating system. These settings provide you the logic of configuring, discovering, connecting, or disconnecting a Wireless Local Area Network.
If this service is disabled, all the WLAN adapters on your computer won’t work properly. In short, make sure that these configurations are turned on and working properly on your Acer laptop. To do so, follow these steps:
- Press Win + R and open the Run box
- Type services.msc and click OK
- Scroll down to WLan Autoconfig and double-click on it
- Don’t forget to choose the Startup type to Automatic, and the service status is Running. Then click Apply and OK to save the changes.
- Restart your laptop and connect to Wifi
3. Update Your Wireless Network Adapter:
Another common reason your Acer laptop does not connect to Wi-Fi is due to corrupted or outdated network drivers. If these drivers are outdated or missing from your laptop, you will definitely experience disconnectivity issues and poor internet connection.
However, in modern laptops and new operating systems, you can automatically or manually update your drivers. Once you installed the drivers, restart your laptop and see if your Acer laptop internet problem is solved.
4. Modify Power Management Settings:
The power management settings in your laptop may disable your Wi-Fi and your Acer laptop won’t be able to connect to Wi-Fi. This setting is active by itself as a default to save your battery power.
However, you can modify these settings by following the below instructions:
- Click Win + R and open the run box
- Type “ devmgmt.msc” and Click OK
- There you will have device manager settings. Double-click network adapters, right-click on Wireless Network Adapters and select properties.
- After opening the power management settings, uncheck the box “Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power”. Then click OK
- Restart your laptop
5: Allow Your Antivirus To Connect Wifi With Your Device:
You may have never heard about this, but here’s a fact! Your antivirus program installed on your laptop may cause Acer laptop internet problems. You can fix this by temporarily turning off your antivirus program on your laptop
However, if your laptop is able to connect to the Wi-Fi after turning off the antivirus, then you will know what’s causing the issue. To fix this issue permanently, add your Wi-Fi connection to your antivirus program from the settings
Don’t forget to re-enable your antivirus program later!
It’s a common thing if your Acer laptop not connecting to Wi-Fi. The above methods that I mentioned will definitely solve the problem.
However, if it still continues to cause the issue, then maybe your internet service provider is the culprit, or something’s wrong with your Wi-Fi router.