Are you using an Acer laptop? If yes, you may already know that they do not come on top regarding battery timing. But regardless of their battery timing, they offer reliable performance and come at a very reasonable price.
If you are encountering Acer laptop battery issues while doing your routine work, then there’s nothing to worry about. It’s normal, and it mostly happens when too many applications are running in the background.
Another reason is adjusting your brightness to full which can be fixed easily. However, if you want to get rid of Acer laptop battery issues to enjoy long-lasting battery and work peacefully, follow the hacks that I mentioned below.
Why Is My Laptop Battery Draining So Fast?
The most common reason that your laptop battery is draining so fast is that your battery is old or malfunctioning. If it’s been a while since you have replaced your battery, then now is the time to change.
On the other hand, there are so many other possible reasons you are experiencing Acer laptop battery issues such as:
- Running multiple applications in the background
- Doing system changes that lead to fast battery-draining
- Operating your laptop at high brightness
Read below to know how you can overcome these common issues to enjoy long-lasting battery timing!
5 Ways To Fix Your Acer Laptop Battery Issues
1: Apply “Better Battery” Mode & Reduce Your Brightness:
The first thing that you need to consider is to check whether you’re using your laptop in “better battery” mode or not. On the right bottom of the taskbar, you can click the battery icon and select the mode “better battery”
You may notice a slight drop in the overall performance of the laptop, but it will maximize your battery timing. On the other hand, adjust your brightness level as needed and try not to keep it maximized as it’s one of the major components that juice out the battery.
You can adjust the brightness from the taskbar menu or by directly going to settings > display > battery levels.
2: Turn Off Unnecessary Apps In The Background:
Running unnecessary applications in the background is another reason your battery is running out of life. You may not know how many apps you’re running in the background without knowing. But, the good thing is you can always turn them off. Check out the below steps to know:
- Go to your Windows settings
- Open Privacy and click background apps
- There you will see how many unnecessary apps are running that you are not using. Turn those applications off running in the background.
However, if you wish to disable those apps permanently, then go to your task manager > Choose Startup > Right-click on the app and disable it.
3. Minimize Your Network Connections:
If there are multiple peripheral devices connected to your system, then there’s a chance you will experience Acer laptop battery issues. The best you can do here is go to your settings, open the network and connections, and check for active connections.
However, if you are using an older version of Windows operating system such as Windows 7, then you will find the settings in the control panel. From there, you can choose any offline network, remove it, or disable it for optimum battery performance.
The same can be done with your Bluetooth or WiFi. It would be great if you turn these both off when not in use. This will significantly improve your battery timing.
4. Eject Any Inserted Disc Drive:
Many people may not consider this, but trust me it’s a major factor that contributes to fast battery draining. Whether you are playing a heavy game on your laptop or injecting a disc drive, you may experience Acer laptop battery issues. But, guess what?
It comes with a simple solution. Simply, injected the disc drive out and remove the CD or DVD from it.
5. Prevent Indexing While On Battery Mode:
Last but not least, you can also save your battery timing by preventing indexing while in battery mode. If you don’t know how to do it, check out the below steps:
- Go to Windows Search Bar
- Type ‘gpedit.msc’ and select the result
- Once you’ve opened the Local Group Policy Editor window, double-click on Administrative templates > Windows components > Search
- Select ‘Prevent Indexing When Running On Battery Power To Conserve Energy
- Enable it, then apply, and click Ok
Some Other Possible Reasons Your Laptop Isn’t Charging Fast:
- You’re running a faulty battery which is malfunctioning and your laptop keeps shutting down
- You have an older version of the Acer laptop and if your battery is draining out, then it’s nothing surprising.
- There’s malware activity and your laptop is facing virus issues
- You’re using your laptop in a high-temperature area and it’s overheating which is normal.
You can learn more about why your laptop keeps shutting down without any reason!
Lastly, I have a very simple advice for you. Try to maintain your laptop and always keep it on a minimal brightness level. Moreover, disable any unnecessary applications that are consuming battery while running in the background.
On the other hand, check for any damages on your power AC adapter. If it’s good to go, then you may need to replace it with a brand-new battery.